MetalAce has teamed with Ron Covell to create the Covell Signature Line Body Hammers and Dolly Blocks. These made in the USA hand tools are specified by Ron Covell and are his favorite designs from over 50 years of metal shaping experience. The Covell Hammers feature an octagonal hickory handle that limits handle rotation and gives a well-balanced, substantial feel with excellent grip capabilities. All hammers have a 12-inch radius round head, good for general purpose work, except the 168HC which has a high-crown 2.25-inch radius, good for stretching or inside radius hammering.
The included dolly blocks feature 5 popular dollies that provide low and high crowns and numerous radii for complex shaping. Drop forged from high carbon steel, heat-treated, tempered, and polished, these hammers and dollies are built to last for years to come. Metal Shaping requires extreme attention to detail and tedious adjustments, making these tools a must-have for your metal shaping project.
Hammer Head Weights and Dimensions
- 1-1/4 inch round 12R, 1-3/16 inch square, .83 lbs
- 1-9/16 inch round 12R, 3/32 inch radius point, .91 lbs
- 1-9/16 inch round 2.25R, cross peen, .91 lbs
- 1-9/16 inch round 12R, 5/32 inch radius point, .91 lbs
- 1-9/16 inch round 12R, curved chisel, .85 lbs
Dolly Profiles, Weights, and Dimensions
- Low Crown, 3.875 x 2.75 x 1.625 inches, 3.3 lbs
- Toe, 4.75 x 2.375 x 1.125 inches, 3.0 lbs
- General, 2.875 x 2.375 x 2.25 inches, 3.0 lbs
- Heel, 3.25 x 2.5 x 1.4375 inches, 2.7 lbs
- Egg Shaped, 1.625 x 2.5 x 3.75 inches, 3.1 lbs